The law assigns the responsibility for auditing the guardianship reports to the Clerk of the Circuit Court. The court then reviews the Clerk’s audit report. If you suspect fraud, waste, or abuse of elderly, minor children and incapacitated individuals in a guardianship, please call our fraud hotline at 863-534-7776. You can report incidents such as:
- Forced removal of a ward from his/her home
- Isolation of the ward from friends and family
- Missing money or property
- Suspicious loans, funds transfers, or changes in bank accounts or lines of credit
- Suspicious purchase or sale of real estate or personal property
Please call the Department of Inspector General during business hours to speak to a professional auditor or report fraud online.