Where can I obtain an injunction?

You can petition the court for an injunction for protection by going to the Clerk of Court Family Law Department, 1st Floor, Polk County Courthouse in Bartow. The Clerk’s office will assist you in filing your petition and will take the file to a judge for his or her review. If the judge finds merit to the petition, he or she will enter a Temporary Order for Protection Against Domestic Violence.

If the violence occurs after regular business hours or on weekends or holidays you may call 911 to report the abuse. If the law enforcement officer determines that you need an injunction, a deputy clerk will be contacted. The deputy Clerk will assist you with a safety plan, which may include requesting injunction. If an injunction is needed, the deputy clerk will prepare the paperwork and will present it to the judge to be approved or denied.

Show All Answers

1. Where can I obtain an injunction?
2. What are the costs?
3. What can the injunction do for you?
4. What happens after the judge grants the temporary injunction?