What if I'm found guilty of a civil traffic infraction?

If you are found guilty of a civil traffic infraction, the court may assess fine and costs, order you to attend a basic driver improvement course, or impose other penalties. If you should fail to pay the fine and cost within the time allotted you by the court, if any, a suspension will be issued against your driver’s license and additional penalties will be imposed. Fines for civil infractions are governed by Florida Statutes. For the most current fine schedule refer to a current Civil Infraction Fine Schedule for the applicable fee.

Fines are distributed to various funds established by the legislature with a portion being returned to the issuing law enforcement agency and a service charge retained by the Clerk of the Circuit Court.

Show All Answers

1. How can I satisfy a traffic civil infraction?
2. The fee owed is different than what the deputy or officer listed on my citation. Why is that?
3. Can I get a payment extension?
4. How long do I have to enter a not guilty plea to a civil infraction?
5. What if I live outside of Polk County?
6. What if I'm found guilty of a civil traffic infraction?
7. What are my options for paying court imposed fines and costs for traffic tickets?
8. Can I pay for traffic citation in Polk County that I received in another county?