How can I satisfy a traffic civil infraction?

Payable civil infractions may be satisfied in one of several ways:

  • Electing to attend a basic driver improvement course
  • Entering a plea of Not Guilty
  • Submitting an Affidavit of Compliance for cases involving safety equipment violations that have been corrected by you.
  • Traffic tickets written for certain driver license, registration or insurance violations may be dismissed by the Clerk if proof of compliance at the time the ticket was issued can be shown

Show All Answers

1. How can I satisfy a traffic civil infraction?
2. The fee owed is different than what the deputy or officer listed on my citation. Why is that?
3. Can I get a payment extension?
4. How long do I have to enter a not guilty plea to a civil infraction?
5. What if I live outside of Polk County?
6. What if I'm found guilty of a civil traffic infraction?
7. What are my options for paying court imposed fines and costs for traffic tickets?
8. Can I pay for traffic citation in Polk County that I received in another county?