How do I request a continuance of my court date?

No case will be continued without judge approval unless you are scheduled for arraignment. Requests to continue any court proceedings must be done by filing a motion. You can file the motion yourself, or if you have an attorney, he/she will file the motion for you. Arraignments can be continued only one time without judge approval and must be done two days prior to your court date.

Show All Answers

1. What is a misdemeanor of a criminal traffic charge?
2. How do I request a continuance of my court date?
3. Who should I notify if my address changes?
4. What happens if I fail to appear for my court date?
5. How do I find information about my case or other misdemeanor cases?
6. What form of payment do you accept?
7. Who do I make the check or money order payable to?
8. Where can I pay my court fine/fees and costs?
9. How do I have a public defender appointed to my case?
10. May I file a document by fax?
11. May I file pleadings after office hours?
12. How do I get my bond money back now that my case has been disposed?
13. How do I withdraw my plea?