Ready for a vacation? Get a jump-start on applying for a passport at this year’s Saturday passport event, hosted by Stacy M. Butterfield, Polk County Clerk of the Circuit Court & Comptroller.
With hectic work and school schedules, applying for passports on weekdays can be challenging. To simplify the application process, Clerk Butterfield is organizing a Saturday passport application event on Feb. 3, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Clerk’s branch offices - Lakeland, 930 E. Parker St., and Northeast, 200 Government Center Blvd. Lake Alfred, FL 33850. Instant passport photos will be available on-site.
“We know that our weekday office hours may not always suit your schedule for a visit. Our Saturday event is designed to provide a more accessible option for passport applications, making it easier for you to apply for a passport,” Clerk Butterfield said.
To provide the quickest service possible, the Clerk’s office is unable to serve customers by telephone during this event. Please call ahead for questions and additional details.
Suggested Time Savers:
- Visit our passport page to review passport application requirements, required documentation, and fees. The passports page is located under the Records menu.
- Complete the preparation checklist to make sure you have everything needed to successfully complete the application.
- Make sure to bring:
- a check or money order for the correct amount AND cash or credit card (passport fees can be found on the Clerk’s website). A separate check or money order is required for each application. Both forms of payment are required as there are two separate fees for every application.
- Proof of citizenship and identification.
- Customers requesting overnight shipping must bring an overnight stamp with the application.
Please note, this event is only for new passport applications. Renewals must be completed through the Department of State.
Contact the Polk County Clerk’s office at 863-534-4000, visit www.polkcountyclerk.net, or like the Polk County Clerk's Facebook and Instagram page for updates and announcements.