During these unusually challenging times, the Clerk & Comptroller is keeping customers safe while ensuring access to justice. Many things are rapidly changing as the office works to adapt to the current environment and serve customers in the safest and most convenient way possible. Please monitor this page for the most current updates to our services.
Courthouse Safety Procedures
Administrative Order 1-57.4 outlines the general procedures for the Polk County Courthouse to prioritize the safety of persons accessing the courthouse or court facilities:
- Masks: Marks are required during in-person courtroom hearings and jury service. Masks are not required to enter the building and while in shared, public spaces.
- Social Distancing: Everyone is asked to practice social distancing measures of maintaining a distance of six feet from others.
Remote services that are still available to the public include:
- Pay a traffic ticket
- Electronically record mortgages, deeds, and other official records (online, for repeat filers only, such as contractors, attorneys, title companies, closing agents, etc.)
- File court documents electronically
- Electronically view court records, official records, and request certified copies
- Check your jury status or request excusals and postponements
- Set up payment plans
- Electronically pay child support and alimony (online)
- Mail traffic school completion certificates to P.O. Box 9000, Drawer CC-10, Bartow, FL 33831-9000
- Sign up to receive a text and/or email alerts about court dates
- Check the time and location of your court hearing with Find My Courtroom
View Administrative Order 1-57.4 issued on May 10, 2021 for full details about changes to the various types of court proceedings.