Do-It-Yourself Court Filings
Prepare your own court forms in three easy steps utilizing our interactive TurboCourt tool. This service helps you prepare forms to begin a new Landlord-Tenant Dispute (eviction), Injunction for Protection (restraining order), or Family Law Dissolution of Marriage (divorce) case.
1. Register for a Free Account
Select the link below for the type of case you need to file and then register for a free account. The information you provide will be saved, encrypted, and available to you at any time.
- Injunctions for Protection (restraining order): If you are experiencing an emergency after business hours (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.), contact law enforcement or call 911. Electronic filings are only processed during business hours.
- Dissolution of Marriage Without Children (divorce)
- Dissolution of Marriage With Children (divorce)
- Landlord-Tenant Disputes (eviction)
- Evictions Subsequent Filing
2. Generate and Sign Forms
Log into your account via TurboCourt to prepare forms to begin the process. Don't forget to sign the forms. People often miss this step.
There are no fees when using these Do-It-Yourself (DIY) forms to fill out your petition for an injunction for protection (restraining order). All other case types have a $5 Florida ePortal fee and a 4 percent TurboCourt payment provider fee.
3. Submit Forms
The forms you generate in Step 2 are not filed until you complete step 3 to submit the forms to the Clerk's office. Visit the Clerk’s Civil Department, which is located on the first floor of the Bartow Courthouse, 255 N. Broadway Ave., 33830. You will need to log in to TurboCourt to access the forms you created, so you must have your username and password with you. At the courthouse, you will print and sign your forms and submit them to a deputy clerk to file with the courts. If you speak a foreign language, it is recommended that you bring an interpreter to help you.
If you need help generating forms, TurboCourt offers a variety of training videos on their site to help you with using the tool. The videos are available via the Resources Tab.
If you need help E-Filing your forms, see the first bullet above under the Submit Forms section.